For the past month you’ve probably been stuck in this uncomfortable place between being overjoyed you survived high school and a little sad about leaving behind your old life. I promise though once you get to college you’ll realize that college is amazing and you’ll be home for so many breaks! Here’s some suggestions to try and combat this bittersweet moment:
- Plan out your dorm room! Making lists, picking out a color scheme and actually shopping for dorm room goodies was one of my favorite parts about going to college. Take your time and really enjoy deciding how you want your new space to look!
- Talk to college friends you’ve met at orientation or on social media. Together you guys can get excited about your freshmen year
- Enjoy your friends graduation parties! They are the perfect place where most of your friends will be together and you can reminisce on the past four years.
- Find activites at college to replace ones from High School. There are so many intramurals, clubs, volunteer opportunities, and campus activities that you can get invovled in and fill up your free time.
- Clean out your room and closet, it will make packing so much easier!!
- Go out to eat at your favorite resturants/places with your high school friends so you don’t miss it as much during the year. Plus, it doubles as an opportunity to spend more time with your friends before you guys go your seperate ways.
- Spend time with your parents! And definitely make sure you make it home for dinner some nights because you will miss your parents cooking a lot.
- Look up things to do at your new home -check out our other blog posts for help on this one!!!!