This semester is slowly coming to a close (finally)! As we all already know the end of the semester can be absolutely hectic, with finals, spring activities, and trying to cram in things that you need to do with your friends. Before you get down to cracking the books to ace all of your finals, you need to take some time and enjoy yourself! This weekend is Spring Weekend and there’s a lot going on to keep your mind off of the stress for a little while. First on Friday night is the first ever Spring concert featuring We The Kings! If you aren’t already planning on going, you should because who doesn’t like concerts! On Saturday morning there is the Cougars in Color 5K, which is also a first for the campus and will be extremely fun! There are also numerous off-campus activities you can do! You can go walk at Frances Slocum park or hike at Rickett’s Glenn and have a picnic! For something quick you can run to Hillside and get some delicious ice-cream! There’s always some activity happening on campus at “McHale beach” during the Spring, like a game of volleyball, Kan-Jam, or Frisbee. For a smaller campus there’s so many things you can find to do around here to relieve your stress, at least for a little while.
I will definitely be participating in some if not all of these activities to destress myself before I start panicking next week. My personal favorite is the trip to Hillside for some delicious ice-cream, because I believe that ice-cream fixes everything. I myself have four finals within four days and they’re all cumulative! So don’t worry you won’t be the only crying in the library! Here’s some tips though to avoid that from happening:
- Get enough sleep! You’ve heard this a million times, it really does make a huge difference.
- Break your studying into chunks! Study for twenty minutes and then take a five minute break (even if that break involves you starring out the window).
- Test yourself on the material! I use my roommates/friends taking the class with me and we quiz each other on the material, it helps both people.
- Prepare as much as you can ahead of time! Create your study guides, create a studying schedule, get organized as much as possible before you begin studying.
- Turn off your phone or leave it in your room! It’s such a distraction to tweet about how stressed you are or to snapchat the pile of books in front of you.
- Don’t be afraid to ask! Visit with your professor if you have questions or need clarification. Use your tutor or TA if you have one too, they are very resourceful.
- BE POSITIVE! This makes a huge difference and can impact your finals as a whole.Have fun though before you start to stress and enjoy your last few weeks here at Mis and remember that finals are the only thing keeping you from summer vacation so you need to own them!